It’s been a very good year for Club Coffee. Our company commitment to innovation is extending to how we mark the holiday season. This year, we are supporting Grounds for Health (www.groundsforhealth.org). The reasons are simple.
- >> Women are the heart of coffee production worldwide, doing at least 70% of the picking, sorting and harvesting.
- >> Cervical cancer is the #1 cause of cancer death in low resource countries.
- >> 98% of the half million cervical cancer deaths projected by 2030 will be in low and middle-income countries.
- >> Those deaths can be prevented through early-stage screening and treatment.
- >> So, as Grounds for Health puts it so well, Healthy Women = Healthy Harvest.
We are proud to help Grounds for Health continue to bring simple screening and treatment methods to women who have no other access to these prevention services. It will continue to deliver results for women in many coffee-growing regions through new approaches and technologies. In a season with so much to be grateful for, this is our way of giving back to the communities that produce the coffee we all love.